Monday, September 12, 2011

Confident Student

The sophomore classes form was in front of me.  There were two options.  I had to choose...A.P. World or normal World History.  I imagined the next nine months.  Working away to complete challenging homework. I recalled the time, two years earlier, when my brother dropped out of A.P. World after a month because the work load was too much.  However, he said to me that he has regretted that decision ever since.  I checked the A.P. World box.
Even a simple decision such as choosing whether to take a class or not that you know will push you and challenge you can show confidence.  I knew that it would be tough, but I chose it anyway and plan to stay in the class.  This is similar to what the students in Dumbledore's Army chose.  They knew that they could get in trouble but they did it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment